Animal Welfare Goals and Principles
To promote animal well-being, we adhere to the following welfare goals and principles. They are the essential building blocks for the humane and professional care of our birds:
Husbandry and Handling Practices
- We provide comprehensive care and handling procedures that ensure the bird’s well-being throughout its life.
Health and Veterinary Care
- We provide science-based health programs and prompt veterinary care.
Feed and Water
- We provide access to fresh water and nutritionally balanced diets at all times.
- We provide shelter that is designed, maintained and operated to meet the birds’ needs and also facilitate daily inspections.
- We provide transportation that minimizes travel time and stress.